Wednesday, July 13, 2011

It must just be me

So today I became convinced that I am cursed. It seems like every time I go out to collect water samples for work, it ends up raining. Usually it is only enough to be annoying, but today it poured. The curse is getting stronger LOL.
 I got a phone call from my mom last night, and what do ya know, she was asking to borrow money. I will say this, it has been a long time since she has asked. I mean seriously, I am trying to make sure my family is taken care of, an that my bills are paid, and you still call to ask if you can borrow money. Honestly, if I had it, I might have loaned it to her, but she said it was for a hospital bill, which doesn't make sense, since she is covered on my dads insurance. I don't know. And just like always, when she found out I didn't have it, she didn't stay on the phone long. She was saying some weird things, like you only get paid on the 1st and 30th don't you, so you wont have anything this week. What difference does it make when I get paid. Until I am able to support my family, have money left over on payday, have money put aside in savings, and still be able to go out and do things, I don't think I need to be loaning anyone any money. Especially when I'm not sure that I will get it back.
I know that may sound cruel, but I have to go with what I know. They say that we learn our money management skills from our parents, and I believe it. I am just now getting to a point, where I can make sure that bills are paid, and that there is still food on the table. Granted when I was growing up, we never really went without food, but I did have to move twice within one year. I did have the humiliation of being called into the guidance counselors office so they could find out what was going on at my house, because the school got wind that we had no power. I think its because of everything that happened in such a short time that I am trying so hard to make sure things are better for my family than what I had, and what I had to go through. But like with most things, just when things seem to be going good, something comes along, and says STOP!!! not so fast, you must take 2 steps back, and halt your progress for a while.
But that's ok. I know that things are getting better, and that we are doing alot better with somethings then we have in the past. We have a roof over out head, (which still needs to be cleaned, but still LOL), food in our house (even if I do have to shop every payday), a way to get around, gas for said vehicle(s), and aside from a few bumps in the road, we are happy, and on the way to a good life. Now if only the Army would stop trying to interfere with that, I would appreciate it LOL.
Still having a hard time believing that I am going to be 29 in less than a week. I found a birthday ritual that I am going to modify a little bit, and do on my birthday, so go along with my altar. Basically, it is using the fact that its a birthday, and the start of a new year, and a way to renew ourselves, and start looking at changes that we want to make. Specifically, what bad habits do we want to break, and what habits to we want to improve on in the "New Year" Guess I should start working on my list LOL
Until Next Time
Blessed Be

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...